Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

This week (Tuesday) I had a couple of meetings to attend, while sitting with me in these meetings Lily started doodling on some paper. I did not see what she was writing/drawing until last night while getting ready for bed. I opened up my folder from my meetings to review some paperwork and noticed Lily’s doodling paper tucked in my folder. There are so many things to be learned from this simple paper that she came up with all by herself. Most importantly how much love can be felt within the family unit. It doesn’t matter how many miles separate family members, when there is love within the family bond, it is always felt.

It saddens me to think of this most important organization of, The Family and how it is deteriorating in the world in which we live. There are so many people that don’t get the opportunity of feeling a sense of love and security in there own families. We really are so blessed.

Lily, I couldn’t agree more with what you wrote because, “I LOVE LILY” and “I LOVE DADDY!”

4 comments:

Diamond Evans said...

That is a beautiful drawing. She is very amazing.

Hallie Owens said...

Oh dearest Lily! You did an amazing drawing! Thanks for posting it Elise. I agree that not everyone has the family that we do. We are so blessed. We love you guys so much!

carly said...

i love it! cru still has the last drawing lily did for him on his wall...i think it was over christmas. it was just so darn cute i couldn't part with it.

Riley and Breanne said...

Oh that is precious!! I will never underestimate the simple minds of a child!