Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

How does time go by so fast? Looking at these pictures I can’t believe how big and grown up my little angels are. They are becoming so independent and no longer need and depend on me for everything...so sad :( I know it’s a wonderful part of life but as a parent really hard to go through and I know it only gets worse.

Carly just had her baby this week and I was able to reflect on all the wonderful and terrifying moments that I was able to experience while delivering Emerson and Lily. I miss feeling the baby move around inside of me when I was pregnant and listening to the heart beat at all the doctor’s apts…then there’s the anticipation of the beloved day when you can hold this precious gift from God in your arms. It sounds crazy but I miss the excitement in the hospital of all the labor pains and whether or not you’re ready to push. It is one of the most beautiful and sacred parts of life. After the terrifying moment of almost loosing Emerson I thought I’d never want to have another baby, but it is so amazing that after a couple of weeks your fear is gone and the desire to go through it again is very much real.

Lily and Emerson are the most beautiful, perfect children inside and out! I feel so incredibly blessed to have them in my life. Children truly are blessings from God. (Now if I could only have 10 :-))






2 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

Go for 10! You can have all ones I can't. 10 sounds fun! I liked reading your blog and seeing the wonderfully cute pictures of Lily and Emerson.

carly said...

love the pictures! and you can go for 10 if you'd like! i know i wont be! but we will have a few more. already i know that everything cru and i went through these past 10 days are totally worth it!